Our client, a Frankfurt based startup, reached out to us with a request to design and develop an intuitive web application dashboard to present important KPIs - like annual turnover, best tables, best products - that any restaurant owner needs for day to day business management. We’ve delivered the initial product concept in one bi-weekly Design Sprint.
The owners of restaurants, bars and pubs using POS solutions are looking for the possibility of detailed monitoring and analysis of various aspects of their business activities.
They needed a solution that would enable them to better optimize and plan expenses and sales, without implementing complex tools.
After obtaining the necessary information and defining the exact business requirements, we conducted several design workshops and the first design sprint aimed at creating functional mockups.
In the next stage, after accepting the layout of functional elements and the overall look & feel, our team designed both the target dashboard user interface - with a wide range of data visualization - and the sales and information landing page, containing all the necessary content about the dashboard application.
In the last phase, both the web application and the sales website gained a front-end layer for the demonstration to potential customers. The end result was a neat, visually coherent dashboard and landing page with a strong emphasis on user experience.
Among the many functions designed and placed in the application, the target product will enable:
- observation of detailed sales statistics,
- details of the staffing of tables, inventory and staff, broken down into any time range,
- statistics of the most frequently sold products divided into categories, individual days of the week and opening hours of the premises,
- break-even tracking for the current day,
- monitoring the occupancy and revenues of specific tables,
- hours of the highest load of the premises and predictions regarding the demand for service and specific goods,
- synchronization with the weather station,
- a module for viewing opinions issued by customers in social media.
Next case study:
Retail sales prediction using Machine LearningRead case study
Need to know more?
Tell us about your projectGet a project estimate